Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Next Big Thing


THE NEXT BIG THING - WORK IN PROGRESS

I was super excited to have been asked to participate in the Next Big Thing. I was tagged by my friend, the amazing Fantasy Author, Brian Rathbone, and you can check out his books at www.brianrathbone.com


1.What is the working title of your next book?

I actually have two! I'm working on reEmergent, Book 4 of the Guardians of Vesturon and also Tragically Flawed, which is another adult contemporary romance.


2.Where did the idea come from for the book?

The idea for reEmergent came from my Guardians of Vesturon series and the idea for Tragically Flawed came from a couple of friends of mine who work for the local women's shelter. Tragically Flawed's main female character has been a victim of sexual abuse and domestic violence.

 

3.What genre does your book fall under?

reEmergent is a YA/NA paranormal romance with some sci-fi futuristic elements to it and Tragically Flawed is purely an adult contemporary romance.

4.What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Xarrid, the lead male in reEmergent would have to be Henry Cavill with longer hair and some scruff on his face.  Lily James would be my pick for Saylan, the lead female.


For Tragically Flawed, I would choose Jennifer Lawrence as Riviera, and Chris Hemsworth as Shan.


5.What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

reEmergent is about the returning to life for Saylan, who was captured by the enemy and had a nanochip implanted into her brain, taking away her ability to act and think on her own.

Tragically Flawed centers around a young woman who was sexually and physically abused by her boyfriend. She escapes that life to become her own person and realize her dream of being an artist can become more than just that.

6.Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Self-pubbed all the way!

7.How long did/will it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

reEmergent has been a long time in the making because I've had several interruptions in the form of other novels *grins* (such as the Edge Series). Tragically Flawed will probably take about six weeks.

8.What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

reEmergent is in a genre all of its own because the whole series is sort of different. I say that because there are elements of science fiction, paranormal, urban fantasy, and fantasy all rolled into one in this series. It's sort of hard to say--Oh that's like such and such.
I really can't say Tragically Flawed is like anything else either. I try not to read a ton of other contemporary romances for that very reason.

9.Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I can't say anyone really inspired me to write reEmergent. It's just the finale of the Guardians of Vesturon series. As for Tragically flawed, I have a couple of friends that work at the local women's shelter and for the Rape Crisis Coalition. I also recently volunteered for a fundraiser for the Rape Crisis Coalition and the fight against domestic violence. This is a real issue in our society today so this idea began to unfold in my mind. I talked with Lynn (my friend) about it and she gave me some information about the typical victim--sort of a profile if you will-- and my idea just blossomed. I'm really excited about this book because I think it will highlight some important points about what a victim often goes through in the aftermath.

10.What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?

Well, for Tragically Flawed, I'm hoping everything ;-)
But for the Guardians fans, this will bring closure to the series. 

4 comments:

  1. The Guardians of Vesturon series is the best series of books I have ever read (that's saying a lot since I have broken the school record of 234 books read by reading 256). I have a group of friends who are all in love with the series and we are all dying to know what happens next. You can be sure that we will be the first to buy your book! I would like to know when the release date of the book is, if you could post it that would be great. Thanks for the awesome books.
    ~K.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi K.M! Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!! I am so humbled by your kind words! Ok, reEmergent is in the hands of my amazing editor right now. I'm hoping to have a release date for you soon, but it will most likely be in early June. I'm going to be doing a cover reveal soon, so be on the lookout. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for letting me know and I can't wait for you to read Xarrid's and Saylan's story! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Ooh! I'm dying for reEMERGENT! So excited, so excited, SO EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Elisabeth! And coming from another author, I feel especially honored to hear that. Thank you! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete